AV6416 Palm OTDR
AV6416 palm OTDR is a test instrument designed for FTTx. It’s mainly used to measure the physical characteristics of optical fiber & cables, including length, transmission loss and splice loss etc.
- Additional information
- Technical Specifications:
- Ordering information:
AV6416 palm OTDR is a test instrument designed for FTTx. It’s mainly used to measure the physical characteristics of optical fiber & cables, including length, transmission loss and splice loss etc. It can also accurately locate the event point and fault point along the optical fiber line. It’s widely applied to the engineering construction, maintenance test, and urgent repairing of optical fiber communication system, as well as the R&D, manufacturing, and test of optical fiber & cables.
AV6416 palm OTDR adopts the most advanced technology of double color & material integrative mould, which makes it novel and beautiful in appearance, strong and firm in structure. With antireflection LCD display, the operation interface is quite clear even in field environment. Two power supply modes are available. With the large capacity lithium battery, the instrument can work more than 10 hours. It has two types of USB interfaces, which can connect to the U disk, or can communicate with PC through USB cable. In addition, it provides comfortable straps for convenient carrying.
- Palm, lightweight, convenient to carry;
- The most advanced technology of double color & material integrative mould, strong and firm;
- Advanced antireflection LCD, clear display interface in field;
- 6m ultra-short event dead zone, easy to test optical fiber jumper;
- Automatic & manual test function;
- Automatic detection of the communication light signal;
- Touch screen and keyboard operation;
- Two USB interfaces: can connect to the external U disk, or communicate with PC through SyncActive software;
- Support Bellcore GR196 and SR-4731 file format;
- Intelligent indication of battery capacity, alarm when the battery is running out;
- WinCE window operation system, Chinese/ English operation interface;
- Large capacity lithium battery to support over 10 hours of operation, suitable for long-time filed work;
- Built-in visible fault locator (VFL) function;
- The OTDR optical output connectors are exchangeable, so it is more convenient to clean the end surface;
- Application software on-line upgrading, no need to return back to
Ultra-short event dead zone
- AV6416 palm OTDR has ultra-short event dead zone, which is especially suitable to test the short optical fiber line and optical fiber jumper.
High-speed automatic test
- With the automatic measurement function of AV6416 palm OTDR, users can easily conduct the test with no need to know about the operation details. The steps are simple: just connect the fiber, and press 【Start】, then the instrument will set the optimum test conditions and display accurate test results, such as testing curve and event table.
High-speed curve analysis
- AV6416 can rapidly and accurately search and locate the events or fault points in the testing curve, and further list all event information in the form of event table, which is very useful for maintenance personnel, because on the one hand, it enhances the test efficiency, and on the other hand, there is no need for them to know about the complicated background knowledge.
Powerful file management
- AV6416 offers powerful file management function. It can not only save, browse or delete files inside the instrument or from the USB disk, but also connect to the laser printer or inkjet printer (based on PCL language) to print out the test report.
- In addition, with SyncActive software, AV6416 can communicate with PC via USB cable in high-speed.
File management and data transmission
- The VFL function can rapidly and conveniently locate the breaking point or remarkable loss point along the short-distance optical fiber line, so that the maintenance personnel can take steps in short time.
Automatic detection & alarm on the communication light signal
- When measuring a fiber line in service, if there is communication light signal in the fiber, the result will be inaccurate, and it may even cause permanent damage to the optical detector in the instrument. AV6416 is capable of automatically detecting the communication light signal in the fiber under test once the fiber is connected to the optical interface. If there is light signal, it will alarm, so to provide protection for the instrument in time.
AV6416 Palm OTDR is mainly used to test FTTx network. It provides a low cost test solution for users. AV6416 offers three test modes: manual (real-time, averaging), automatic, and dead zone.Manual test mode: manual mode is suitable for skilled operators who are familiar with the instrument, so that to get more accurate test result. In manual test mode, real-time mode or averaging mode can be selected based on user demand.
Real-time test can rapidly detect the dynamic changes of the optical fiber line. It is applicable to real-time monitor or observe the optical fiber connection process and effect.Averaging test mode can maximally suppress the noise in the testing curve, so to get a more accurate result. Under averaging test mode, the more averaging times, the better suppression of the noise, but the longer time it takes. So, in practice, the averaging times should be set properly according to necessity.
Automatic test mode: under this mode, the instrument can automatically set the optimized test conditions, and give out the test result. There is no need for the operators to know about the complicated background knowledge and the operation details. To enhance the automatic test efficiency, the averaging times can be increased properly, though it will prolong the test time.Dead zone mode: this mode is suitable to test the optical fiber with short distance, for example, to test the jumper length of the optical fiber. Under this mode, to get the best result, the reflection loss (or called return loss) of the fiber terminal is required to be larger than 40dB.
|Dimensions||6 x 10 x 21 cm|
|Dynamic range1||See details in “ Technical specifications of all AV6416 OTDR modules ” chart|
|Distance accuracy||±（1m＋sampling spacing＋0.003％×distance）(not including refractive error)|
|Event dead zone2||1.6m|
|Distance resolution||0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16m|
|Distance range||0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256km;|
|Pulse width||10, 30, 80, 160, 320, 640, 1280, 5120, 10240ns|
|Refractive index setting
|Display||320×240, 3.5 inch color LCD, touch screen operation|
|VFL function||650nm±10nm, 2mW (typical); CW/1Hz|
|FC/UPC (standard; options: LC/UPC, SC/UPC, ST/UPC)|
|AC/DC adapter: AC100V～240V, 50/60Hz, 1.5A
DC: 15V～20V (2A)
Internal lithium battery: 7.4V, 4400mAh, serving time: 10 hours (room temperature)3
|Dimension||W×H×D = 100mm×210mm×60mm|
|Environmental suitability||Operating temperature: 0℃～40℃ (battery charging: 5℃～40℃)
Storage temperature: -40℃～70℃ (battery not included) Relative humidity: 5％～95％, non-condensing
- Environment temperature: 23℃±2℃, max. pulse width, average times＞300, SNR=1.
- Dead zone test mode (distance 4KM, pulse width 10ns, attenuation 10dB), fiber end reflection loss≥40dB, typical
- Low brightness, no test
- Main unit: AV6416 Palm OTDR
- Standard accessories
|1||Power supply||Power cord, power adapter:
Input voltage 100～240V，50～60Hz，2.0A Output voltage 19V, output current 3.42A
|2||Certificate of conformity|
|4||CD (simulation & analysis software)|
|5||Engineering plastic box (straps included)|
|6||Straps especially for instruments|
Note: the standard OTDR interface type is FC/UPC, FC/APC is optional.
- Standard modules
The available modules of AV6416 palm OTDR are as follows:
|Technical specifications of AV6416 modules|
|Ordering number||Operating wavelength||Fiber type||Dynamic range|
|Modules with single wavelength|
|AV6416-1104||1625nm (build-in filter)||SMF||26|
|AV6416-1106||1650nm (build-in filter)||SMF||26|
|Modules with two wavelength|
|AV6416-2101||1310 / 1550nm||SMF||28/26|
|AV6416-2102||1550 / 1625nm||SMF||26/26|
|AV6416-2103||1550 / 1625nm (build-in filter)||SMF||26/26|
|AV6416-2104||1550 / 1650nm||SMF||26/26|
|AV6416-2105||1550 / 1650nm(build-in filter)||SMF||26/26|
|AV6416-2106||1310 / 1550nm||SMF||32/30|